" As wine producer my desire is to create a relationship of mutual exchange and collaboration
with plants, so that they can express themselves completely , in harmony and balance with the
earth, the sky and the human environment, connected to the "whole" in which we all are immersed.
For me Earth is sacred and its respect is mandatory to express life on it.
My effort is to allow and support this merging soil-plants to be the absolute protagonist of agricultural
production, in which human being has to be the interpreter and the accomplisher of the process
of fertility. Plants will then recognize this effort with their best fruits and with parfumes and scents
that carry the memory of a joyful and harmonious life...."
Sergio Falzari - biodymanic wine producer
Fattoria "Il Giardino" - Vinci - Tuscany - Italy
THE WINE COURSE WITH SERGIO:
In my wine cIasses I try to follow the various characters and curiosity and I start from there to talk about "my way" to make wine and the values that inspire my work. The following is a sample of the main contents of the course.
1) Visit to the vineyard, brief introduction to biodyamic agricolture and the differences with the organic method. Explanation of the intervention in progress in the cellar. Character of the different vines.
2) Visit to the cellar: the biodynamic technique of vinification and difference with the traditional methods. If close to harvest, observation of the fermenting vats and tasting of the must. Differences between the vinification of red and white wine, preservation and refinement of the wine in oak barrels.
3) Introduction to the basics of wine appreciation. The goal is to give you the tools to interpretate a wine starting from its color, texture and aroma, as a foretaste of its flavor and character, as a heritage of the environment to which it belongs.
4) Tasting of 4 biodynamic wines:
- Tinnari; Tuscan Trebbiano in purity
- Red Tuscan Table Wine
- Selengaia; Chianti DOCG, 80% Sangiovese, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot
- Altrove: IGT Tuscan Red Wine aged in barrels (barriques) of 3rd and 8th passages for 12 - 16 months. Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with the same percentage.
Dinner at the farm is included. The dinner is prepared by the family using genuine and local produces. You’ll dine in the Art Atelier of Clementina Brescianino, a contemporary artist, mother of Sergio. A wonderufl occasion to admire her pieces of art, paintings, bijioux and furniture accessories.
Contact us for availability and costs